- On site÷ J 5 3
Audioguide; Coffee shop with terrace; Local artisans shop; Toilettes
Open from June 15 to October 11. Tuesday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday and Monday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Guided tours from June 24 to Labor Day.
Adultes (16 years and more) : 7 $; Enfants (15 years and less) : 4 $; Famille (same address) : 15 $; Price for group and school
Place de la Vieille Gare is a heritage and tourist place that bears witness to the past of Rivière-Bleue village and the Transcontinental region. You will find two old stations and an authentic nuclear shelter. It offers exhibitions with audio guides, guided tours and activities for the whole family.
ONCE UPON A TIME, IN RIVIÈRE-BLEUE
In what once served as a freightroom, the exhibition tells the story of Rivière-Bleue from 1850 to 1950, from its first inhabitants, the family of John Morrison and Angélique Levasseur, and that of Joseph Nadeau and Christine Cyr, to the great mill era. Forest and agriculture, church and schools, nothing is lacking in this typical hinterland village of the first half of the 20th century. Not even the bootleggers.
RAILWAYS IN TEMISCOUATA
Models, artefacts and videos will introduce you to the fascinating world of the two railways that have crisscrossed our region: the Temiscouata Railway and the National Transcontinental Railway.
ON BOOTLEGGING « UNE GOUTTE D'HISTOIRE »
The turbulent period of bootlegging, from prohibition to Alfred Lévesque's quarrels with the clergy and the Liquor Police. (in french)
Affiliations and distinctions
- 2021: Museum institution accreditation from Quebec's ministère de la Culture et des Communications
- 2017: Finalist for the Heritage Action Award
- 2016: Cultural enterprise winner at the 25th Témiscouata Company Gala.
- 2012: Regional winner, Les grands prix du tourisme québécois • Tourist attractions less than 25,000 visitors.
- 2010: Heritage Award of the MRC of Témiscouata and Bas-St-Laurent.
- 2010: BSL Entrepreneurship Award, regional winner. 12th Quebec entrepreneurship competition. Highlighting their creativity, daring and quality
of their work.