- On site3
- Activities$ 5
August 6 to 16, 2020
Concerts aux Îles du Bic is a friendly gathering of renowned musicians. They are on stage with varied formations for the greatest pleasure of the music lovers. Often playing together for the first time, they provide a fresh and unique concert experience at the summer festival.
For its 19th season, find your roots! Both well-known works and new compositions are presented in historic places and the postcard landscapes shores of the Lower St. Lawrence. The music will play near Parc national du Bic, in the magnificent churches of Le Bic and Saint-Fabien and even down town Rimouski. All concerts are at affordable prices.
The only chamber music festival in Eastern Québec has been awarded numerous Opus prizes. Under the artistic direction of James Darling (cofondator) and Normand Forget, this festival in an enchanting site is an event music lovers won't want to miss. (Élise Lavoie, who's still an active musician, also cofonded the event.)
The meeting of talented performers, combined with the splendour of the place, distinguish Concerts aux Îles du Bic among the chamber music festivals in Québec.
Note : no pets allowed
Affiliations and distinctions
The festival has received seven Opus Awards. They are awarded by an independent jury and presented by the Conseil québécois de la musique to recognize the excellence and diversity of concert music in Quebec. Other recognitions are also listed below.
- Winner, Opus Award 2017-2018, Concert of the year - Wide repertoire
- Winner, 2 OPUS Award 2016-2017, Concerts of the year - Regions and Classical romantic concert
- Winner, OPUS Award 2015-2016, Concert of the year - Regions
- Winner, 2015 Rimouski's cultural awards, Event of the year
- Winner, OPUS Award 2014-2015, Concert of the year - Regions
- Two OPUS Awards 2013-2014, Concert of the year - Regions and Wide repertoire
- Regional winner of the 2012 Quebec Tourism Awards event
- OPUS Award 2010-2011, specialized distributor of the year
- Winner, 2011 Rimouski's Cultural Awards, cultural event
- Winner, 2007 Recognition Award Event of Rimouski, Event Organization
- Conseil québécois de la musique
- Culture Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Tourisme Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Tourisme Rimouski
- Corporation de développement touristique Bic/St-Fabien
- Chambre de commerce et d'industrie Rimouski-Neigette