August 6 to 15, 2020
Concerts aux Îles du Bic brings together talented and renowned artists under the banner of friendship. To the delight of the public, our program has been completely revised and adapted to the health situation. Thus, you will live a unique concert experience during our summer virtual meetings.
For its 19th season, we are offering four concerts captured at the Bic church and broadcast live and on an ephemeral basis on Quoi vivre Rimouski! Also, watch our website for our latest announcements ...
Attend, in the comfort of your own home, these concerts presented by Mario F. Paquet:
- Sweet! Chocolate and Musique Baroque Française | Ensemble Caprice | August 8 at 9 pm.
- Regards vers le passé | Yolanda Bruno and Isabelle David | August 12 at 9 pm.
- Jean à François à Bertolt | Jean Maheux, Francis Perron and Normand Forget | August 14 at 9 pm.
- Le Coeur Illuminé | Normand Forget, Ethel Guéret, Jérémie Pelletier, Élise Lavoie, James Darling | August 15 at 9 pm.
Web access is at a cost of $10. Visit bicmusique.com for details.
The only chamber music festival in Eastern Québec, it has been awarded numerous Opus prizes. The artistic co-direction is under the leadership of James Darling (co-founder) and Normand Forget. Élise Lavoie, still a very active musician, also co-founded it.
The meeting of talented performers, allied to the splendor of the place, distinguish Concerts aux Îles du Bic among the chamber music festivals in Québec.
Affiliations and distinctions
The festival has received seven Opus Awards. They are awarded by an independent jury and presented by the Conseil québécois de la musique to recognize the excellence and diversity of concert music in Quebec. Other recognitions are also listed below.
- Winner, Opus Award 2017-2018, Concert of the year - Wide repertoire
- Winner, 2 OPUS Award 2016-2017, Concerts of the year - Regions and Classical romantic concert
- Winner, OPUS Award 2015-2016, Concert of the year - Regions
- Winner, 2015 Rimouski's cultural awards, Event of the year
- Winner, OPUS Award 2014-2015, Concert of the year - Regions
- Two OPUS Awards 2013-2014, Concert of the year - Regions and Wide repertoire
- Regional winner of the 2012 Quebec Tourism Awards event
- OPUS Award 2010-2011, specialized distributor of the year
- Winner, 2011 Rimouski's Cultural Awards, cultural event
- Winner, 2007 Recognition Award Event of Rimouski, Event Organization
- Conseil québécois de la musique
- Culture Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Tourisme Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Tourisme Rimouski
- Corporation de développement touristique Bic/St-Fabien
- Chambre de commerce et d'industrie Rimouski-Neigette